For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable and accessible to all?’
Our pioneering approach has opened the door to innovation, enabling our partners to thrive. We continue to ask, ‘What if...?’ every day, working with our partners to bring their powerful financial services to everyone from shopkeepers and savers to businesses and institutions.
It’s the skill and enterprise of our own people that makes this happen, and it’s ClearBank’s belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means they have opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our partners’ success.
About the Role
As a Data Governance analyst you will be a key member of the growing data team, contributing to how the data strategy is implemented across ClearBank. You will be responsible for designing & operating effective processes and controls to implement the data lifecycle policy by supporting data owners, stewards, product & engineering teams in meeting these requirements. As a Data Governance analyst you will play a critical role in operating oversight forums, presenting & reporting progress to the data community. You will be responsible for curating and managing content within our data artefacts and materials, so that we’re building knowledge and consistency as we implement our strategy, which is critical to the bank’s continued growth.
- Provide data governance & management advice across the business including change projects, product & engineering teams
- Collaborate with data owners, stewards and other members of the data community to achieve desired outcomes in a pragmatic way
- Design & implementation of effective processes & controls that ensure data is managed effectively the lifecycle – from creation/acquisition, through it’s use, transfer & storage right through to retention and destruction
- Manage all oversight forums and ensure all inputs and outputs for these are delivered in a timely manner
- Curation and development of our data artefacts and knowledge – for example business glossaries, dictionaries, catalogues & data flows
- Applying judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact, value and risk
- Central point of contact for data governance & management
- Develop & maintain data governance & management training, awareness, and communications to ensure key messages are understand and data literacy is matured
- Owning the delivery of key data governance and management deliverables and outcomes
Skills and Experience
- Strong practical experience working in a data governance & management team with notable successes
- Deep understanding of the core capabilities and principles within data management, including governance, ownership, regulations, metadata management
- Experience working with a range of senior stakeholders, managing relationships, and flexing approach to support different levels of data maturity and priorities
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisational skills that ensures deadlines are met
- Experience of working with U.K. Payment Schemes
- Experience of working with data governance and data management technologies
- A motivated, proactive, self-starter who wants to make a difference and play a key part in growing an exciting business
- A collaborative worker and team player
- A person who takes ownership and accountability of their work
- Adaptable, embraces change, and enjoys multiple challenges
The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding technical capabilities and aptitude to learn. Experience and passion of working in an agile, innovative and fast paced environment is key to this role.
About What We Offer
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks including pension, medical programs, employee discounts and more!
- A supportive, challenging and agile working environment
- You will also get to work in one of the most exciting and innovative banks in the market right now
The Legal Bit
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK.
Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.