For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable and accessible to all?’
Our pioneering approach has opened the door to innovation, enabling our partners to thrive. We continue to ask, ‘What if...?’ every day, working with our partners to bring their powerful financial services to everyone from shopkeepers and savers to businesses and institutions.
It’s the skill and enterprise of our own people that makes this happen, and it’s ClearBank’s belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means they have opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our partners’ success.
About the Role
As a business analyst you will be a key member of the operations team, contributing to the build and development process of several U.K. payments products and features at the same time. You will be responsible for understanding and documenting business requirements and processes, supporting data owners and operational teams in creating and delivering solutions, and for the capture and maintenance of data artefacts and materials. As a business analyst you will also play an important role in sharing knowledge of the data, processes, and products you look after to other teams, critical to the bank’s continued growth.
- Performing business analysis across Operations, transforming analysis and requirements in to concise, written and visual outputs
- Using the analysis performed to assist the data owners in maturing how data is managed across the bank
- Contributing ideas and analysis to solution and design workshops
- Documenting current and future processes, data artefacts and other workshops outputs, with the aim that the materials can be shared, presented, and used by various stakeholders (internal and external to the bank)
- Ensuring all data problem statements, goals and acceptance criteria / metrics (including tangible & intangible benefits) are defined, documented and understood by all members of the team
- Leading the review (grooming) of backlogs with data owners and scrum teams, ensuring backlogs reflect the data owner’s order of priorities
- Working with scrum masters, architects and developers to create and refine stories, allowing them to be able to plan and start work
- Leading knowledge share and presenting your business analysis outputs with other teams across the bank
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in working on multiple product deliveries at the same time, being structured in approach of achieving objectives and goals
- Experience of working with U.K. Payment Schemes (ideal but not essential)
- Experience of working in agile product delivery
- Experience and working knowledge of data management & governance
- Ability to convert analysis in to clear and concise documentation – visual representation is important
- A motivated, proactive, self-starter who wants to make a difference and play a key part in growing an exciting business
- A collaborative worker and team player
- A person who takes ownership and accountability of their projects, who understands the depths of problem statements beyond just face value requirements
- Adaptable, embraces change, and enjoys multiple challenges
- High level of attention to detail, and drive to understand underlying business processes in great depth
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding technical capabilities and aptitude to learn. Experience and passion of working in an agile, innovative and fast paced environment is key to this role.
About What We Offer
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks including pension, medical programs, employee discounts and more!
- A supportive, challenging and agile working environment
- You will also get to work in one of the most exciting and innovative banks in the market right now
The Legal Bit
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK.
Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.