For decades, the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable and accessible to all?’
Our pioneering approach has opened the door to innovation, enabling our partners to thrive. We continue to ask, ‘What if...?’ every day, working with our partners to bring their powerful financial services to everyone from shopkeepers and savers to businesses and institutions.
It’s the skill and enterprise of our own people that makes this happen, and it’s ClearBank’s belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means they have opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to our partners’ success.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to design, implement and innovate in the automation space for ClearBank’s IT platform. Our SDETs are empowered to build their own frameworks using the latest technologies and advance our current automation scope. The aim is to provide reliable and robust automated solutions to run in CI/CD pipelines. You will work with QA and Engineering teams in an Agile (Scrum) environment to automate testing of new features and non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, resilience and security).
- You are an evangelist in quality engineering who also advocates the best in testing and DevOps process
- Proactive, engaging with your peers (software engineers, BA/PO) at all stages of software development process
- Comfortable with coaching and mentoring QAs on a day to day basis
- Comfortable with challenging software engineers in the context of reviewing their contributions to test suite along with testing of non-functional requirements
Core Skills and Experience
- C# (.NET) or any other OO languages and frameworks.
- Strong commercial experience with TDD/BDD
- Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium Web Driver, Spec Flow
- Azure DevOps, Jenkins
- API and UI automation
- Automation of Integration, E2E and Load Testing.
- SQL Server and T-SQL, Experience in Data models
- Messaging systems (e.g. Azure Service Bus, Rabbit MQ, NService Bus)
- Distributed systems Architecture
- Experience of Code reviews & pair programming
- Test Data management, Database testing and Reporting
- Gatling or other performance testing tools.
- Service Fabric, Docker
- Cloud computing and concepts, preferably with Microsoft Azure
- Financial experience within Domain (payment scheme knowledge e.g. Swift, BACS, Chaps, Faster Payments) and or Cards (Visa/Mastercard)
In addition to your strong knowledge, we are looking for motivated team players who are delivery focused and can suggest solutions as to how things can be done better, as we’re always looking to improve and do things differently. It is important that you have this mind-set too.
About What We Offer
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks
The Legal Bit
Please only apply for this role if you are eligible to work in the UK.
By entering your details in the fields and clicking this button, you submit your information to ClearBank® Limited, who will use it to communicate with you. ClearBank® Limited securely stores and uses your details in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and ClearBank® Limited’s data retention policy. ClearBank® Limited will not sell or lease your information. To opt out of further communications from ClearBank® Limited please email ClearBank® Limited at email@example.com.