For decades the clearing of financial transactions remained unchanged and unchallenged. We asked, ‘What if there was a better way? What if we could make those transactions faster, safer, more reliable and accessible to all?’
Through our banking licence and intelligent, robust technology solutions, we enable our partners to offer real-time payment and innovative banking services to their customers. Together, we’re meeting the demands of the next generation of consumers and businesses. For more about ClearBank®, go check out our Website here.
About the Role
Reporting into the Platform Product Lead, we are looking for someone with strong experience as a Product Owner in an Agile environment to build products that challenge pre-existing market pain-points that meet both existing and future customer needs.
The main responsibility of the Platform Product team is to support the bank’s business functions and to enable the bank’s products to be operationally serviceable, allowing the bank to scale and grow. Platform contains all the foundation infrastructure elements of the organisation, and as a Product Owner you will play a critical role in generating innovative solutions for business functions – including Treasury, Finance, Financial Crime and Operations.
The Product Owner will be responsible for creating product visions (and solutions to problem statements), its incremental delivery, and for ensuring the product strategy is aligned to ClearBank’s overall goals and priorities. You will form and own metric based commercial proposals, and prioritised roadmap.
We are looking for proactive, motivated and inspiring team players who will own the end-to-end delivery of their products. You will want to make real change and disrupt the standard-norm of the banking and finance industry. We are always looking to improve and do things differently and it is important that you have this mindset too.
- Supporting the Platform Product Lead with the creation and maintenance of the holistic Platform roadmap and its delivery
- Creating and owning a “live” product vision and roadmap which articulates the evolution of the product and demonstrates the value (using metrics) being added to customers and ClearBank at all stages
- Lead multi-departmental and stakeholder story-mapping, requirements, process-mapping, and solution design workshops
- Ensure requirements are captured in user stories and meet the “Definition of Ready”
- To act a servant-leader to your scrum teams – articulating visions, requirements, drawing process flows (current and future), writing requirements, and maintaining a healthy backlog
- Ensure any solutions and products have a defined operating model and processes (existing or new), they are documented, understood, and “bought-in to” by all stakeholders
- Work with other Product Owner’s and development teams to understand any cross-team dependencies, ensuring the roadmap takes the dependencies into account and that the delivery strategy is the most efficient and effective approach.
- Work with ClearBank’s customers to run collaborative workshops with the aim of understanding Customer needs and ultimately demonstrating the ability to embed real-life use cases within the overall product design
- Continuously assess and evaluate product results and outcomes, ensuring goals have been met and that the predicted value of a product outlined during the business case and product proposal is delivered – and where not, assessing what is the appropriate action to take
- Strong experience as a Product Owner with a track record of delivering value and innovative change in challenging environments
- A good understanding of banking regulations, control environments, bank functions processes (in at least one of the areas of Operations, Finance, Treasury, or FinCrime), and payment schemes
- Strong understanding of Agile Development methodologies, software development life cycles, and been a part of Agile development Teams
About What We Offer
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks including pension, medical programs, employee discounts and more!
- A supportive, challenging and agile working environment
- You will also get to work in one of the most exciting and innovative banks in the market right now
The Legal Bit
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK.
Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.