At ClearBank we are driving change in the financial sector. Leveraging technology to help start-ups and top tier banks enhance their consumer experiences. We are forever considering our customers’ needs and how we can assist them in moving forward more easily in a heavily regulated environment. We do so by using Cloud based technologies and data to ensure people can access money more reliably and securely.
We have adopted the Team Topologies structure for our technology organisation, driving the removal of awkward interactions between teams and simplifying our approach to work, reducing cognitive load and complexity required to achieve autonomy.
About the Role
ClearBank are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to support our international product teams (International Payments and Foreign Exchange). This is a hands-on role that will have a big impact on the direction of ClearBank’s technology platform.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who can use their first-class technical skills to deliver positive change across the teams they support through:
- Providing proof of concept solutions to complex engineering problems
- Supporting teams in the rollout of said solutions (planning and ad hoc technical support).
- Design and architecture to support high availability, throughput, and reliability throughout our financial systems.
- Support teams in delivering outcomes to meet NFRs both now and in line with future system growth.
- Assessment of business projections and how this relates to system design, ensuring we don’t over/under engineer solutions.
- Provide consultative services to teams to soundboard solutions.
- Raise the technical abilities of the teams through coaching, mentoring and the delivery of improvement initiatives e.g. eventing best practices.
- Enable teams to succeed by understanding their technical challenges and guiding their adoption of best practice.
- Become a key contributor to our overall architectural vision; understand our current technical problems and set out a plan to solve them.
- Be product focused; develop a deep understanding of what our product is and why it is valuable to our customers. Use your expertise to enhance our value statements.
- Be a technical mentor; create a culture of continuous learning and setup opportunities for knowledge to be shared.
- Have a production-first mindset; ensure all teams you work with understand how their software will run and be supported in production.
- Experience as a technical leader.
- Experience working with event driven microservices.
- Experience working with modern cloud technologies.
- Experience working within product-driven engineering teams.
- Understanding of risk management and delivering software in a regulated environment.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and ability to make key technical decisions and be accountable for them.
- Operational experience of supporting mission critical, high throughput systems in production.
- Experience communicating technical ideas at a range of levels.
About What We Offer
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You’ll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
- A suite of competitive employee benefits and perks
- Excellent work life balance and flexible working arrangements
The Legal Bit
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK.
Regretfully we are not able to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage, and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.